Mar 16, 2019
If you have a topic idea, questions, or public health experience
working in the African American community to share, let's chat!
- US Health and Human Services, Cultural Competence definition:
- Healthy People 2020 Language and Literacy:
- Healthy People 2020, Cultural Competence in a Multicultural
- Cultural Humility definition - M. Tervalon, J. Murray-Garcia
(1998). Cultural humility versus cultural competence: a critical
distinction in defining physician training outcomes in
multicultural education, Journal of health care for the poor and
underserved, Vol. 9, No. 2. (May 1998), pp. 117-125. https://provider.bcbsil.com/pdf/education/guest_speaker_cultural_sensitivity.pdf
- Cultural Humility YouTube documentary: Cultural Humility
- Cultural Competemility - Campinha-Bacote, J., (December 4,
2018) "Cultural Competemility: A Paradigm Shift in the Cultural
Competence versus Cultural Humility Debate – Part I" OJIN: The
Online Journal of Issues in Nursing Vol. 24, No.